Himachal Pradesh‎ > ‎

Atal Bihari Vajpayee Government Institute of Engineering & Technology


Atal Bihari Vajpayee Government Institute of Engineering & Technology - Address, Location, Type of Institution, Affiliation, Courses offered, Website, E-mail ID, Contact Details, Eligibility, Admission Procedure, Ranking, Cut off, Fee Structure, Placements for this Institute.


Address : Shimla - Rohru National Highway, Pragatinagar - 171202, Tehsil Kotkhai, District Shimla, State Himachal Pradesh
Type of Institution : Government College, Established by the State Government of Himachal Pradesh
Location : 61 Km from Shimla City on the bank of river Giri Ganga
Affiliated to : Himachal Pradesh Technical University, Hamirpur
Approved by : All India Council for Technical Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, New Delhi;
Department of Technical Education, Vocational & Industrial Training, Himachal Pradesh and Government of Himachal Pradesh

Contact Address/Details :

Website : www.abvgiet.org
Contact : 01783-253919
Fax No. : 01783-253919
Office Hours : 9.00 A.M. to 5.00 P.M.

Courses offered by the Institute :

Certificate Courses :

Mechanic Electronics (Under NCVT Scheme)
Seats - 21

Electrician (Under NCVT Scheme)
Seats - 21

Fitter (Under NCVT Scheme)
Seats - 21

Mechanic Motor Vehicle (Under SCVT Scheme)
Seats - 21

Diploma Courses :

Diploma in Computer Engineering
Seats - 40

Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering
Seats – 40

Diploma in Electrical Engineering
Seats - 40

Eligibility – Matriculation with 35% marks from a recognized Board of Education with Mathematics, English and Science subjects.
Admission Procedure - The admission is based on the score in the Polytechnic Admission Test (PAT) conducted by Himachal Pradesh Takniki Shiksha Board, Dharamshala (For details visit www.hptechboard.com).
Duration – Three Academic years.

Under Graduate Courses :

B. Tech. Computer Science & Engineering
Seats - 40

B. Tech. Electronics & Communication Engineering
Seats – 40

Eligibility 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory Subjects along with one of the following Chemistry/ Biology/ Computer Science/ Bio-Technology with 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST candidates) from a recognized Board of Education.
Under Lateral Entry - Diploma in Engineering from Himachal Pradesh Takniki Shiksha Board, Dharamshala or any such Diploma from a recognized Board of Technical Education with 60% marks/ B.Sc. with 60% marks from a recognized University with Mathematics as one of the Subject. The Candidate should be a bonafide resident of Himachal Pradesh having a Domicile Certificate.
Admission Procedure - The admission is based on the score in the JEE (Main) Exam conducted by JEE Apex Board of the C.B.S.E. (For details visit www.jeemain.nic.in) and marks scored (normalized) in the Class 12th or 10+2 in the ratio of 60:40. The Centralised Counselling for admission is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Sundernagar, District Mandi, Himachal Pradesh (For details visit www.techeduhp.com).
Under Lateral Entry - The admission is based on the marks obtained in the Qualifying examination & Centralized Counselling conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Sundernagar, District Mandi, Himachal Pradesh (For details visit www.techeduhp.com).
Duration – Four Academic years comprising of 8 Semesters, Three Academic years comprising of 6 Semesters for lateral entry candidates.

Important Note : The 15% of the total seats are filled on all India Basis. The remaining 85% seats are General Seats. The admission to the General seats is open only to the bonafide residents of Himachal Pradesh having a Domicile Certificate.



Engineering Colleges in Bilaspur Engineering Colleges in Hamirpur
Engineering Colleges in Kangra Engineering Colleges in Mandi
Engineering Colleges in Shimla Engineering Colleges in Sirmaur
Engineering Colleges in Solan Engineering Colleges in Una





Comments